Ruger blackhawk 357 revolver available in stock for sale buy now
The mechanisms of the Ruger Blackhawk ( buy now ) differ significantly from that of any other single-action revolver. The patented Ruger single-action revolver mechanism incorporates a transfer bar. The transfer bar – which is raised into firing position as the trigger is pulled to the rear – transmits the energy of the hammer blow to the firing pin.
This transfer bar mechanism makes a “safety” notch unnecessary. The gate (loading gate) can be opened only when the hammer and trigger are fully forward. Opening the gate immobilizes the trigger, hammer, and transfer bar.
When the gate is opened the cylinder is unlatched and can be turned for loading or ejection. When the gate is closed, the cylinder latch functions in the normal manner. The loading notch is therefore unnecessary in this single-action design.
Unlike the earlier single-action revolvers which have four hammer positions – “cocked,” “loading,” “safety” and “all the way forward” the New Model has only two hammer positions – “cocked” and “all the way forward.” The mechanism of the Ruger Blackhawk ( for sale ) provides maximum security against accidental discharge.
- Traditional western-style, hand-filling grip has long been acknowledged as one of the most comfortable and natural pointing of any grip style
- Target-grade accuracy with non-pinned ramp front and adjustable rear sights
- Transfer bar mechanism and loading gate interlock provide an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge
- Variety of caliber, barrel length, grips, finish and weight guarantees a model to meet the needs of today’s single-action shooters
- Cold hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity
|Barrel Length||6.5 Inches|
|Trigger Type||Single Action|
|Frame Material||Stainless Steel|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
|Must Ship to FFL Dealer||Yes|
|Shipping Weight||5.015 Pounds|